The purpose of the event is to develop skills in using data from EUMETSAT's Copernicus Marine Data Stream for marine surface analysis to professionals with some previous experience.
We will focus on the application of data from Sentinel-3, Jason-3 and use of associated data such as EUMETSAT’s Scatterometers.
Participants will be able to:
• analyse the current surface conditions using scatterometer and altimeter data;
• monitor the evolution of the surface conditions;
• integrate these satellite data with data from numerical models, validating the model output;
• access and visualize the data;
• identify how the use of the wide range of products available from EUMETSAT, the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service and other Copernicus partners, can improve the quality of marine analysis.
The course is primarily intended for experts from operational centers with responsibility of monitoring seas on the Atlantic coasts and Mediterranean Sea, with all levels of experience in the use of satellite data for marine analysis propose.
This course will have two phases, an online phase and a classroom phase.
Online Phase: 2 to 13 April 2018
Classroom phase, Lisbon (Portugal): 4 - 8 June 2018
Application deadline: 28 February 2018
How to apply:
If you already have an account on this platform, use the link below to submit your application form.
Otherwise, please make sure you create an account: click on Login (top right section of the page), and create a new user (Create an account) and follow the procedure. Once the account has been created, please log in, then access 'Apply for Courses' section and submit your application form. If you have any problems, please contact the Copernicus Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note: this course is intended for participants from European Countries!