CALMet Online 2012
Welcome to CALMet Online
Dear CALMet community members and friends
If you have had the pleasure of attending a CALMet conference in the past, you know how valuable that experience can be. When our close-knit community has opportunities to meet, we all benefit through the sharing of ideas, techniques, and tools for creating activities for learning meteorology and related sciences.
In 2012, we are again expanding the reach of CALMet beyond a biennial conference by offering "CALMet Online 2012". Beginning September, 2012, this free online conference will offer opportunities to learn from experts in education and training for meteorology:
We are pleased to have an interesting and varied program to offer for the next few months. These include:
- EUMETSAT CONFERENCE Live: Training Sessions
- TRAINING WITH SIMULATORS: What is the state of the art?
- SUPPORTING AERONAUTICAL FORECASTER COMPETENCIES TROUGH DISTANCE LEARNING
- ASSESSMENT: Crafting Effective Multiple-choice Questions
- ANYONE THERE??? Making your Online Sessions Effective
- ASSESSMENT: The Competency Assessment Process
- TOOLS FOR TRAINERS
- TRANSLATIONS: The Ins and Outs of Translation at COMET
- A HITCHIKER'S GUIDE TO LEARNNG AND INSTRUCTIONAL THEORY
- EDUCATION 2.0
- OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES (OER) The challenge of sharing and re-purposing learning materials.
To participate in this free event, you will need to complete a brief registration procedure, if you haven’t already done so. Once enrolled in the CALMet Online 2012, you will be able to make contributions to the sessions.
The CALMet Online 2012 site will host all the presentations, discussion and resources for each session. If you decide to participate, we hope you will be an active participant, but observers are also welcome.
We hope one or more of these sessions will be of interest to you, and that you decide to become an active participant of CALMET Online.
The organizing committee:
Pat Parrish (email@example.com)
Heleen ter Pelkwijk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bruce Muller (email@example.com)