This is a guest open Moodle course hosting a number of resources to support prepparation of atmospheric composition dataset handling. On this page you can:
- Find out how you can register for a number of services.
- Download a number of datasets as instructed in the sections below and get ready to read and handle datasets.
- Watch the Atmospheric Composition MOOC videos that provide a general background on Atmospheric composition
Contact us for more support.
The European Space Agency (ESA), the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), and the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS) organised a first joint training course on Atmospheric Composition with a focus on air quality. The specific course goals were:
- Presenting the state of the art in air quality monitoring, the societal impact and needs
- Enhancing the capacity on data access and analysis of existing and new satellite data products and monitoring services
- Fostering participants driven personal and team projects
Dates: 4 - 8 Nov 2019
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
This is the online training phase of the Third ACAM Training School (24-25 June 2019) will be focused on Satellite Observations and Analysis of Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosols in the Asian Monsoon region. The school is held in conjunction with the Fourth ACAM Workshop (26-28 June) in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
The specific goal of the training school is to enhance capacity of early career scientists in the areas of atmospheric composition data analysis using satellite remote sensing, model and analysis products. The 2-day training school will provide lectures and tutorials on using latest and comprehensive global datasets on atmospheric composition. Participants will develop small-scale science projects to apply these datasets in their area of research interests.
During this online phase, participants will get familiar with the datasets and discuss their projects with trainers.
Dates: 24-25 June 2019