Subsequent to the 2019 CM SAF User Workshop, EUMETSAT & CM SAF jointly offer a workshop for advanced users of CM SAF data. The key objectives of this workshop is to
- Share knowledge, experiences and best practices for the development of operational applications in using CM SAF data
- Build a network of CM SAF users with different level of experience
With expert support, the participants of this workshop will develop applications of CM SAF data to be ready for operations.
Date of the CM SAF User Workshop: 3 - 5 June 2019
Date of the Advanced Training Course for CM SAF Users: 5 - 7 June 2019
Place of both events: Mainz, Germany
Participants of the Advanced Training Course for CM SAF Users are:
- expected to have practical experiences in working with CM SAF data;
- expected to contribute the CM SAF User Workshop, taking place prior to the training course;
- strongly encouraged to bring ideas for applications using CM SAF data records;
Ideas for operational applications using CM SAF data records are very welcome. Possible applications could be related (but are not limited) to:
- National / Regional Climate Atlases
- Merging satellite climate data with other sources of climate information
- Validation and Quality control of surface data
- PV potential resource assessment
- Operational Climate Monitoring
- Climate Analysis
- Target oriented visualisation of Climate information
Expected Learning Outcomes
After this course participants should be able to:
- design (operational) applications of CM SAF data records.
- find ways to solve issues related to applying CM SAF data, also using established links with other CM SAF users to solve
For further information please refer to the EUMETSAT webpage.
Applications for the advanced training course can be submitted until 31.12.2018 via https://bit.ly/2Onnz32.
Registration to the Advanced Training Course for CM SAF Users is only possible in combination with registering to the 2019 CM SAF User’s Workshop.
Registration deadline: 31 December 2019
The course language is English
EUMETSAT provides limited funds for travel and accommodation support, this must be indicated at the time of application.
There is no event fee.
The event venue is the "Novotel Mainz". A special rate of 99€ per night has been negotiated. It includes accommodation and breakfast. Lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and all coffee breaks will also be provided.