This course is an introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) applied to Earth observation data. The aim of the course is to provide an overview of machine learning potential for EUMETSAT data and the main machine learning techniques, with hands-on modules using real world data. The course is composed of different modules, addressing both theory and practical examples. Dates and location: 27- 29 September 2022,
in Darmstadt, GermanyApplications closed on 13 July
We will cover:
- the main branches of machine learning: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning.
- Deep Learning.
- Existing open source tools.
- How to build AI workflows.
- Hands on: classification, regression, clustering and image classification tasks.
Member State weather and associated services starting to work in AI/ML on weather data.
The course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge. You will need to be comfortable to edit some python using Jupyter notebooks.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand how to address your problem using machine learning techniques;
- create you own workflow based on the templates provided in the course;
- find tools from the various existing libraries;
- appreciate the limitations of you knowledge and where to find expert knowledge.
How to apply
If you already have an account on this platform, use the link below to submit your application form.
Otherwise, please make sure you create an account: click on Login (on the top right section of the page), create a new user (Create an account), and follow the procedure. With your new account, please log in, then access the 'Apply for Courses' section, and submit your application form.
In case of any problem, please contact the training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.