Welcome to the EUMETSAT Marine Essentials Pack training page!
Through this online learning platform called Moodle, you will find a range of educational resources aimed at helping you gain the skills required to become comfortable, independent and adept at:
- Understanding the data and data products that the CMDS provides (timeliness, resolution, data formats, variables).
- Selecting most relevant and appropriate products from the CMDS for specific tasks.
- Accessing/downloading data and products provided in the CMDS.
- Knowing how to work with CMDS data in SNAP and Python (Jupyter Notebooks).
- Applying the satellite data products from the CMDS for tailored applications.
We will introduce you to the Copernicus Marine Data Stream (CMDS), provide you with the background knowledge of the Copernicus programme, satellites and instrumentation, data access and formats, and tools and software necessary to begin working with this data for marine applications.