Lista de tópicos
Webinar with Ben Loveday, Hayley Evers-King, Juan Ignacio Gossn and Noemi Marsico (EUMETSAT)
29 March 2023, 11:00 UTC | Register
This advanced to expert level short course will focus on recent changes to data access for Sentinel-3 Ocean and Land Colour Instrument (OLCI) products, and introduce new tools and approaches for performing ocean colour match-up analyses.
The event will:
- present the available operational and reprocessed OLCI products through the EUMETSAT Data Store
- detail web-based (GUI) and automated (API) methods to search for and retrieve these products
- introduce the ThoMaS (Tool to generate Matchups of OC products with Sentinel-3/OLCI) toolkit for automating OLCI ocean colour data acquisition and match-up analysis
- demonstrate the use of the tool using multiple example use cases.
The short course will consist of a 2-hour webinar on March 29th (11:00 - 13:00 UTC), which will include a Q&A and feedback session. To support participants in using the ThoMaS toolkit, we will keep the online Q&A platform open for one week following the webinar, responding quickly to any queries posted. We will close the Q&A portion of the course with a second live feedback session on April 12th (11:00 - 13:00 UTC), giving those interested a chance to share their experiences using the tool, make recommendations for improvements or seek more advanced guidance on their specific workflows. Participants who attend the initial webinar will be automatically invited to the follow up session by email.
Optional preparatory steps
There are no prerequisites for this course, but if you intend to use the EUMETSAT Data Store and/or the ThoMaS toolkit, you will require the following;
- Searching for products in the EUMETSAT Data Store does not require authentication. However, in order to download products you will require a EUMETSAT Earth Observation Portal account. You can apply for one via this link.
- The ThoMaS toolkit is now available via the EUMETSAT Gitlab account. We encourage you to check the README for more information on using it.
All attendees are welcome. However, the course is predominantly aimed at;
- Established and early career ocean colour researchers
- Operational oceanographers performing validation studies
- Private and public sector specialists engaged in marine monitoring activities
- Previous attendees of EUMETSAT Supporting Marine Applications courses that focussed on ocean colour applications
OutcomesAt the end of the event, participants will:
- Recall how to access the EUMETSAT Data Store and identify the Sentinel-3 OLCI products that it contains.
- Use the EUMETSAT data access client (eumdac) to search for and retrieve Sentinel-3 OLCI products from the store via API.
- Recall how to acquire and configure the EUMETSAT ThoMaS ocean colour match-up toolkit.
- (Optionally) implement ThoMaS to perform match-up analyses using Sentinel-3 OLCI products.
- (Optionally) evaluate the utility of the toolkit in the context of their own workflows.
We'll meet you on Zoom Webinar
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool with a local, desktop client and a mobile app that allows us to meet online.
You do not need an account to join the session. To join, simply click the link provided when registering. (Troubles joining?)
Here are a few tips you may consider:
- For better audio quality, please prepare a headset with a microphone.
- Join 5-10 minutes early to test your audio. Here is how to do it.
- Use your real name.
Need help in Zoom?
We want to make sure you get support when you need it. During the session, please use the Chat window and select Send to: Support to send a message to our colleagues who can help you.
Your questions on Slido.com
During the webinar, we will be using Slido to answer your questions. Go to Slido.com and use #EUMSC35 or click here. No log in required. You can join Slido from your phone.
Recording of the webinar:
Data Store Access and EUMETSAT Data Access Client, presented by Noemi Marsico, EUMETSAT
ThoMaS - a Tool to generate Matchups of OC products with Sentinel-3/OLCI, presented by Juan Ignacio Gossn, EUMETSAT
EUMETSAT general resources
- EUMETSAT website: https://www.eumetsat.int/
- EUMETSAT helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EUMETSAT knowledge base: https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EUM/overview
- EUMETSAT training courses and calendar: https://training.eumetsat.int/
- EUMETSAT GitLab: https://gitlab.eumetsat.int/eumetlab
EUMETSAT Data Services resources
Please check the following resources for more information on the EUMETSAT Data Services, including upcoming training events;
- Data from Copernicus in the Data Store: https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSDS/pages/1891368961/Sentinel-3+Catalogue
- Knowledge Base Data Store: https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSDS/overview
- Data Store: http://data.eumetsat.int
- Knowledge Base EUMDAC: https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EUMDAC/overview
- Registration to the new Data Access Service training on Customisation of Sentinel 3 products with data tailor: https://eumetsat.zoom.us/webinar/register/7616728376488/WN_wta4RXKoTIGRlPhLQzoqrA
- Jupyter notebook on sentinel 3: https://gitlab.eumetsat.int/eumetlab/oceans/ocean-training/sensors/learn-olci/-/blob/main/2_OLCI_advanced/2_1_OLCI_advanced_data_access_eumdac.ipynb
- Training material from previous Data Access Trainings: https://training.eumetsat.int/course/view.php?id=436
Our training activities support users in the member states and among the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) members in the application of EUMETSAT data, products, and services, including Copernicus data provided by EUMETSAT. Find our more at our web page.
Subscribe to the Training Bulletin the joint EUMETSAT, EUMETCAL, EUMeTrain newsletter on new activities and resources in European meteorological training — published every quarter.
Contact us for questions about training events and professional development opportunities at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @eumetsat_users.