Welcome to the Remote Sensing for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Studies and Applications Workshop
The Remote Sensing for Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions Studies and Applications Workshop, co-organized by EUMETSAT with the support of SOLAS and the Copernicus EU programme, is designed to support and encourage collaboration that explore and promote the use of Remote Sensing products. The workshop will consist of daily invited talks, poster session and small group discussions.
- Report and inform about ongoing research in the thematic area, satellite based data.
- Discuss unexplored potential of satellite (based) data in the field and identify gaps in terms of monitoring capability.
- Inform on developments, tools, ways of access, available and upcoming training material and training opportunities by satellite product providers.
- Identify needs and associated material and collaborations for improved data access, usage, training and capacity building.
Who is the workshop addressing?
- Scientists & Academy (all levels of seniority) in a wide range of disciplines: climate, remote sensing, atmospheric physics and chemistry, physical oceanography, ocean biology.
- Representatives of services and data provider agencies.
Please note that attendance is open and free of charge.
Register here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the workshop in Zoom.
Submit your poster abstract by October 13 - 2021 (submission closed): Participants are invited to submit abstracts for poster presentations. Note that a limited number of poster can be accepted due to restrictions in time.
Agenda Invited speakers: C. A. Clayson, Woods Hole, USA; C. Gentemann, Farallon Institute California, USA, Y. Hongbin, NASA, USA; N. J. Cosentino, Instituto de Geografía, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile; P. Dagsson Waldhauserova, The Agricultural University of Iceland , J. Shutler, University of Exeter, UK; L. P. Pezzi, LOA-INPE, Brazil; S. Marullo, ENEA Italy).
Contributions from Data Providers and Services: EUMETSAT, ESA, CMEMS Copernicus, ECMWF Copernicus
All talks will be recorded and made available at this webpage.